Search This Blog

Friday, June 1, 2018

The Assassin Game - Kirsty McKay


Book: The Assassin Game
Author: Kirsty McKay
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Publish Date: August 2nd, 2016

Everyone wants to fit, to belong. Cate goes to a private school on an island. Killer is the game everyone wants to play. Cate has been counting down til the day she was chosen. Her initiation was...shitty. Pun intended. Killer isn't just a game--it's a secret society. All members are sworn to secrecy. The group is lead by the Grand Master, Alex. Alex and Cate have a brief past. Her roommate is an elder. A ghost from her past appears one day, voicing that he is ideal for the game. He even created a safe haven in their teacher restricted internet. Crypt is the site where Killer can publicly post kills, updates, meeting, and even photos or videos. One strict rule is to make sure the "kills" do not interfere with their daily school routine. The "Killer" in this group is taking a step up. Things get a little heavy, threatening to shut down the game for good. Fighting against time, she receives memos that she is next. She needs to find out the Killer before she loses her black wristband, signaling that she is alive.

This book was out of the range that I generally read. I read the back and I couldn't stop thinking about this book. It took me a couple days before I caved and purchased it. There was no stopping there. This is an enticing story that you will get pulled into. This book had me on the edge of my seat, flying through the pages. It was almost hard to have a normal life. I had this book in my hands everywhere I went. If I had even one minute free, I buried my nose in this book. 

This book is so much more than it seems. I was perplexed with trying to figure out who the killer was. It was like I became Cate, trying to figure out who was doing this. Is there one killer? Is there a want-to-be killer? You will have to read this book to find out. The ending was so unexpected to me. McKay did a wonderful job at pulling me in with this novel. I could not put this book down. I wanted--no needed-- to know who the killer was.

Blasts from the past can be hard to deal with, especially when they are constantly popping up out of nowhere. Especially when you find yourself drawn in by them.

Verdict: I would recommend The Assassin Game to others.
Rate: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment