Search This Blog

Thursday, September 26, 2019

When Rivals Fall - J.L Beck and C. Hallman

Book: When Rivals Fall (Bayshore Rivals, #1)
Author: J. L. Beck and C. Hallman
Publisher: 
Publish Date: July 8th, 2019

The Lockwood's and the Bishop's families have been at war for as long as their kids can remember. Harlow Lockwood is the golden girl of her family. Bound to her last name, she has unspeakable devotion and loyalty to her family. When she gets in the middle of a family feud, lines are crossed.

 In high school, Harlow does something for her dad that she could never see haunting her in the future. She thought she was safe, starting new at a college far away from her family. She could never see it coming--or rather, them. 

The Bishop boys--Oliver, Sullivan, and Banks--have revenge on the mind, and Harlow in their sights. They haven't let go of the past, or forgotten about it, and they want to make sure Harlow doesn't either.

I loved the characters, especially Sullivan. I wasn't a huge fan of Harlow, but she was a well built character. I have noticed in a lot of bully romance novels, the main female is usually very strong and outspoken. I feel like Harlow wasn't living up to that expectation, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Just wasn't my favorite. Sullivan, though, oof. That boy. 

Each time I expected something to go a specific way, there was a little kink in it. This book definitely had it's own spirit throughout the book and I enjoyed it. Overall, this book was a great read and I will be reading on with the series. 

Verdict: Beck and Hallman did a really good job with this book. I love the display of the devotion to their family name and the dynamic of growing up. Typically, I am not one for reverse harem, but the blurb for this book was too interesting to pass up. I dived in expected a mediocre book, but Beck and Callman delivered so much more than I expected. The story-line was well written and executed. The book wasn't confusing, it was to the point and didn't go off on a tangent. It stayed in line. 
Rate: 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment